ME5 - Moisture Encounter
3 in stock! Order now.
Used and trusted by generations of professionals worldwide for the purpose of: Locating moisture-related problems within and behind a variety of building materials in the building envelope. Mapping the extent of moisture damage caused to buildings. Monitoring progressive drying conditions in the drying process of building materials and surfaces. Dual-Depth penetration allows for comparative of surface and core moisture and elimination of substrate influence on the testing of coverings.
- 5 Ranges of sensitivity: Wood and Timber / Shallow Depth / Drywall and Roofing / Plaster and Tile / Masonry
- Dual-Depth penetration allows for comparative of surface and core moisture and elimination of substrate influence on the testing of coverings.
- Deep signal penetration, up to 1 1⁄4 inch. (30 mm) in wood and drywall, detects elevated moisture through most covering materials without having to damage or puncture the materials being tested.
- Shallow Depth scale is designed to have a field penetration of up to 10mm (0.4 inches).
- Wide range of readings from 5% to 30% on Wood Scale and 0 to 100 on comparative scale for all other materials.
- Detects moisture through paint, wallpaper, drywall, ceramic tiles, floor coverings, wood, ceiling tiles, roofing membranes, and asphalt composition shingles.
- Bluetooth connection to accompanying IOS & Android App allowing for continual development and integration of apps and reporting.
- Hold Function which enables the user to “freeze” the reading, useful when taking readings where the meter face may not be visible.
- High Moisture Audio Warning Tone which can be enabled or disabled.
- Large clear easy to read analog display giving meaningful readings.
- Rugged ergonomically designed enclosure.
- Size: 160mm x 85mm x 38mm (6.3" x 3.5" x 1.5")
- Weight: 270g (9.5oz)
- Construction: ABS Body
- Power: 2 x AALR6 ALKALINE (included)
- Display: Analogue
- Depth of penetration: Shallow signal: up to 10mm (0.40”)
- Deep signal: up to 30mm (1.25")
- Wood Moisture Content: 5 to 30%
- Reference scale for building materials: 0 to 100