Digital Refractometer for Brewing - HI96841
Order now, stock will leave our store in the next 2-4 weeks
Email The Electric Burst Team For More Availability Information
The Hanna Instruments HI96841 Digital Refractometer combines form and function into one compact unit. Featuring a 1.5 second response time, the HI96841 measures the refractive index of wort and converts it to °Plato with temperature compensation. The improved easy-to-read LCD screen displays temperature units (°C or °F) and measurements simultaneously. The HI96841’s IP65 water-resistant casing and sealed sample well are built to perform under harsh conditions, making it suitable for use in any brewery.
The Plato scale is a way to quantify the concentration of sugars and dissolved solids in wort. This measurement can indicate the potential alcohol content of finished beer. The HI96841 converts the refractive index reading to °Plato based on the tables maintained by the International Commission for Uniform Methods of Sugar Analysis (ICUMSA) and the American Society of Brewing Chemists (ASBC).
It should be noted that once fermentation begins, ethanol and the residual sugar interfere with each other and prevent an accurate reading of the Brix value of your residual sugar.. For this reason, this refractometer cannot be used with finished beer or other fermented beverages. It is designed for use with wort only.
- One-point calibration: Calibrate with distilled or deionized water
- Small sample size: Sample size can be as small as two metric drops (0.1 mL)
- Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC): Samples automatically compensated for temperature variations
- Quick, accurate results: Readings are displayed in approximately 1.5 seconds
- Dual-level LCD: The dual-level LCD displays measurement and temperature readings simultaneously
- Stainless steel sample well: Easy to clean and corrosion-resistant.
- Battery indicators: Battery percent level remaining at startup and low battery indicator.
- Automatic shut-off: To conserve battery life the meter shuts off automatically after three minutes of non-use.
- IP65 water resistant protection: Water resistant ABS plastic casing designed to perform under laboratory and field conditions.
- Sugar Content Range: 0 to 30 °Plato
- Sugar Content Resolution: 0.1 °Plato
- Sugar Content Accuracy: (at 25 C/77 F) +/- m0.2 °Plato
- Temperature Range: 0 to 80 C (32 to 176 F)
- Temperature Resolution: 0.1 C (0.1 F)
- Temperature Accuracy: +/- 0.3 C (+/- 0.5 F)
- Temperature Compensation: automatic between 10 and 40 C (50 to 104 F)
- Measurement Time: approximately 1.5 seconds
- Minimum Sample Volume: 100 uL (to cover prism totally)
- Light Source: yellow LED
- Sample Cell: stainless steel ring and flint glass prism
- Auto-off: after three minutes of inactivity
- Enclosure Rating: IP65
- Battery Type/Life: 9V/approximately 5000 readings
- Dimensions/Weight: 192 x 102 x 67 mm (7.6 x 4.01 x 2.6”) / 420 g (14.8 oz.)
- Ordering Information: HI96841 is supplied with 9V battery and instruction manual.
- Warranty: 2 years