Digital Refractometer For Sugar Analysis, Glucose - HI96803
Order now, stock will leave our store in the next 2-4 weeks
Email The Electric Burst Team For More Availability Information
This optical instrument employs the measurement of the refractive index to determine parameters pertinent for sugar concentration analysis.
The actual measurement of refractive index is simple and quick and provides the operator a standard accepted method for sugar content analysis. Samples are measured after a simple user calibration with deionized or distilled water. Within seconds this instrument measures the refractive index of the sample and converts it to percent by weight concentration units. This digital refractometer eliminates the uncertainty associated with mechanical refractometers and is easily portable for measurements in the field.
The HI 96803 utilizes internationally recognized references for unit conversion and temperature compensation and employ methodology recommended in the ICUMSA Methods Book (internationally recognized body for sugar analysis).
Temperature (in C or F) is displayed simultaneously with the measurement on the large dual level display along with icons for low power and other helpful messages.
- Ideal for the analysis of fruits, energy drinks, puddings, soy milk juices, jam, marmalade, honey, soups, jelly, tofu and condiments
- The dual-level LCD displays measurement and temperature readings simultaneously
- Automatic Temperature Compensation for accurate measurements
- Easy measurement; place a few drops of the sample in the well and press the READ key
- BEPS (Battery Error Prevention System) alerts the user in the event that low battery power could adversely affect readings.
- IP65 water protection; built to perform under harsh laboratory and field conditions.
- Quick, accurate results, readings are displayed in approximately 1.5 seconds.
- Single point calibration with distilled or deionized water
- Small sample size, can be as small as 2 metric drops.
- Automatic shut-off after three minutes of non-use
- Stainless steel sample well, easy to clean and corrosion resistant
- ABS thermoplastic casing
- Sugar Content: 0 to 85% (by weight) (% glucose)
- Temperature: 0 to 80 C (32 to 176 F)
- Sugar Content: 0.1
- Temperature: 0.1 C (0.1 F)
- Accuracy (20 C)
- Sugar Content: ±0.2%
- Temperature: 0.3 C (0.5 F)
- Temperature Compensation: automatic between 10 and 40 C (50 to 104 F)
- Measurement Time: approximately 1.5 seconds
- Minimum Sample Volume: 100 uL (to cover prism totally)
- Light Source: yellow LED
- Sample Cell: stainless steel ring and flint glass prism
- Auto-off: after 3 minutes of non-use
- Enclosure Rating: IP65
- Battery Type / Battery Life: 9V / approximately 5000 readings
- Dimensions / Weight: 192 x 104 x 69 mm (7.6 x 4.1 x 2.7") / 420 g (14.8 oz.)